A close relation exists between a man’s sexual health and his dietary patterns. Obese men have reported improved erectile function and testosterone levels on shedding those extra pounds. Today we are going to discuss some food items which can increase blood flow to the penis and add some spark to your sexual life:
- Dark Chocolate – This melt-in-the-mouth treat comes loaded with flavanols which can mitigate blood pressure by elevating blood flow. It also helps with the production of nitric oxide which can help in managing erectile dysfunction problems.
- Pomegranate Juice – Anthocyanin found in pomegranate juice is a powerful antioxidant known for boosting up endothelial nitric oxide levels. It is commonly prescribed by health specialists for treating erectile dysfunction problems courtesy of the higher antioxidant activity it supports compared to green tea or wine.
- Olive Oil – If you wish to reduce the risk of succumbing to erectile dysfunction then you can switch to a Mediterranean diet rich in virgin olive oil, fruits, nuts, fibers, and veggies. This is particularly helpful for people suffering from type 2 diabetes and erectile dysfunction at the same time. The anti-inflammatory compounds present in this oil can alleviate various risk factors and improve sexual function.
- Fatty Fish – The testosterone and semen quality get amplified by the fish oil found in fatty fishes. You can also benefit from rich levels of vitamin C and omega 3 fatty acids which can prevent the clogging of arteries by lowering blood pressure levels. The best fatty fish diet for people suffering from erectile dysfunction consists of sardines, trout, herring, Atlantic mackerel, etc. Adding some oysters to your diet can infuse a high level of zinc into your system for getting your testosterone on track.
- Red Wine – You can enjoy a better sex life with this majestic drink holding the potential of bringing down impotency chances by 10% in middle-aged men. The level of dysfunction can be curbed down by 21% if you pair it up with regular workouts and flavonoids.
- Pistachios – This yummy snack can treat erectile dysfunction by addressing blood supply issues. Clinical trials have revealed lower cholesterol levels and improved lipid parameters from continuous consumption of pistachios. Over time, it can alleviate erectile dysfunction problems without causing any side effects.
- Leafy Greens – Consuming increased quantities of leafy greens increases blood circulation to the penis courtesy of the high level of nitrates. You can opt for asparagus, spinach, and turnip greens which are rich in folic acid. This is why health experts prescribe a leafy green diet to people suffering from cardiovascular ailments, high blood pressure, and chances of prostate cancer.
- Watermelon – This citrulline-rich fruit is considered to be a natural Viagra as it eases dilated blood vessels. If you are suffering from an inadequate blood supply and mild dysfunction, then you can bank on this tasty fruit to cure your symptoms.
While it is always advisable to opt for the natural route while treating cases of erectile dysfunction, you can seek out the advice of a urologist brooklyn new york in case of further complications.