You are not alone if you are stuffing your medicine cabinet with supplements and vitamins. You might be combatting vitamin deficiencies or maybe trying to lower the risks of certain illnesses. You think popping up a supplement on the go is going to bring you the solution. There are multiple supplements available right from vitamin A to zinc and you must know about them in detail before popping them in. They might always not be so beneficial for you and hence there are certain facts that you must know:
Supplements come in a lot of forms
Dietary supplements are available in a variety of forms like pills, powder, or even liquid. The goal is to supplement your diet enough to help you enhance your health. These supplements carry at least one of the dietary ingredients, like vitamins, minerals, botanicals, amino acids, herbs, or even enzymes. However, the most popular of these supplements are the multi-vitamins that can be bought as a standalone product too.
Some supplements are effective while others are not
Some supplements are very popular due to the obvious reasons that they are effective. These can benefit your health in the following ways:
- Vitamin B12 keeps your bone and blood healthy. They make more DNA and prevent the occurrence of anaemia.
- Folic acid helps to reduce birth defects when consumed by pregnant women.
- Vitamin D consumption strengthens the bones.
- Calcium consumption promotes bone health.
- Cell damage is prevented by vitamins C and E.
- Vision loss is slowed down by vitamin A.
- Zinc promotes healthy and glowing skin.
Supplements are not always safe
All multi-vitamins would not pose health risks to you. But you must remain cautious in what you do and what you consume. Supplements can commonly react to other medications that you are taking and that might pose a serious threat to your body. Here are some supplements that you must know before consuming:
- Vitamin K can reduce the effect of blood thinners.
- Blood-thinning can be increased by Gingko.
- Antidepressants and birth controls are made less effective by the consumption of St John’s wort.
- Excess use of herbal supplements like comfrey and kava can damage your liver.
- If you are a smoker, beta-carotene and vitamin A can increase the risk of lung cancer.
Visit the Biogenique online vitamin shop today and explore the best range of vitamins and supplements that are safe for you.